J.T. Willow is an attorney who eschews interviews, photographs and "talking about the craft" in favor of writing a book every five months.
Ten Things I'm Convinced Of (I think):
- On sex: The guy who said there's no such thing as bad sex is...a guy. Bad sex can't be fixed: find someone new.
- More sex: Blah sex is better than bad sex, but not by much. Your time would be better spent with a book, preferably one of mine.
- Even more sex: If your great sex has faded to blah, the fault is at least half yours.
- On fault: Fault is the salt that flavors all our mistakes. It is delicious to contemplate. Without fault, consequences would not exist. Even people who feign disinterest in fault LOVE consequences.
- On consequences: Consequences are never random or sudden: your mother saw them coming from miles away. Listen to her. And pay attention.
- On attention: Our attention is the greatest gift we can give. And attention-suckers like television and the internet distract us from doing things we really love and making genuine connections with others.
- On television: Keep moving, nothing to see here. Except Hoarders. Hoarders! Just thinking about Hoarders makes me want to empty the junk mail into the recycling bin.
- On Love: You want love? Try being loveable. Sounds obvious, until you look around.
- On Looking Around: Advice to marrieds contemplating adultery: make sure you are comparing apples to apples. Don't compare your husband's weaknesses with a stranger's strengths: you might just end up with the short stick.
- On short: Shakespeare was right, brevity is the soul of wit.